Saturday, July 12, 2008

it's 8:00 am, 63 degrees...do you know where your children are?

in the pool, of course.

g: mommy, can we go swimming?
me: are you kidding? it just finished raining and it's freezing outside!
g: ok
(30 seconds later)
g: mommy, can we go swimming?
me: are you kidding? it's freezing outside. i bet it's not even 70 degrees.
g: i don't know what that means...can't you just call that mother and tell her to change the weather to make it warmer?
me: what mother?
g: that mother lady who changes the weather.
me: mother nature?
g: YES! that's the one! call her. please.
(calling time and temp and it's 63 degrees, 8:12am)
me: hita, it's freezing outside and mother nature is busy moving the rain somewhere else
g: ok
(30 seconds later, she comes out in her swimsuit and one for her sister, along with a swim diaper. sister thought of everything)
me: fine. you two are going to freeze to pieces. go outside and swim and i'll see you in 5 minutes.
g&e: yea mommy! you're the best! this is the best day of our lives!!!!!!!!!





























should i? i shouldn't. shouldn't i?



i did!





"titter. need. see. me. now."
(translation: my sister needs to see me now.)


"baby. no. see. me. titter"
(translation: i can't see my sister)


an hour and a half! an hour and a half they were out there!

gabri with her blue veins painting her body and elli with purple lips finally decide to come in. a while later, it's nap time for little. i put on a show for gabri and tell her i'll be out in a bit. then the following takes place:

mommy, can i swim while you're putting little away?

no hita. you can't go swimming alone, only when i'm with you.

but God is always with me. can't i just go swimming with God?




tears sprang to my eyes.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Beyond cute and funny and extra sweet!