Friday, September 12, 2008

spanish lessons

titter has a spiral notebook in which she does her homework. today, she forgot it and this is the conversation that took place between little and titter:
little: titter! titter! you notebook!
titter: little, it's my homework. notebook is how you say it in spanish.

and later, getting little ready for a nap, here is the conversation that took place between the two of us:
me: baby, please close your eyes and we'll go mimi together
little: mine eyes closed mama
me: no. they. are. not. please close them.
little: (smiles and says) they closed in spanish.
i had to leave before i wet my pants from laughing so hard!

it is so wrong that i am not correcting their "spanish"?

1 comment:

Louise said...

At least there is probably some real Spanish spoken in their presence from time to time. My oldest is convinced she knows Spanish. From what? You can correct mine. Leave yours alone!