Thursday, November 20, 2008

boo-foh

i actually had my blog planned for today (shocker). as i was editing photos, i realized that all was too quite on the western front. little had found my brand new lipstick. brand new. worn once. killer color. now smashed. if you know anything about me, you know about my love affair with lipstick. it started in eighth grade: one-a ponsa time, there was a beautiful little girl named leslie marie (ok, beautiful is stretching it. she had glasses which took up the majority of her face, braces attempting to straighten out the fangs poking out from every direction, and a sweet, sweet haircut) and she had a "boyfriend"named paul bruns (this name has not been changed to protect the guilty, sorry pablo). he said she had the smallest lips he had ever seen and from that point on, he called her "chicken lips". as soon as her mom gave the approval for lippy, she never left the house without lipstick. ever. when she lived in the sorority, before going down to breakfast, she would don her drumbeat red #264 by l'oreal and glide down the stairs in her robe and slippers feeling completely put together with her lippy.

ahhh, sweet lippy. the joys you bring me.

and just as chris tucker says in rush hour, "don't you EVER touch a black man's radio, boy!" you NEVER touch my lippy. EVER.

unless you're my little.

then i'll feign horror, grab my camera, and blog about it.


our quick conversation:
me: whaarghatahhhhh are you DOing?!?!?!?!
little: me see me boo-foh like you, mama
me: ohit'sokanythingyoudoisfinewithmebecauseyouaresoamazinglythoughtfulandcorrectandiloveyousomuch
little: i no me wear lissticks now?
me: no, hunny, not til you're older (or until paul bruns' son calls you chicken lips, then we'll reassess)
little: oh. when i getta be da mama, i can wear lissticks?
me: yes, honey.
little: when i getta be da mama, i drink sooooda?
me: yes, honey.
little: oh. when i getta be da mama, i open da stove?
me: yes, honey.
little: oh. when i getta be da mama, i eat pee-non?
me: oh, yes, honey.
little: oh. when i getta be da mama, i eat gum?
me: yup.
little: oh. when i getta be da mama, i go cazy, too?
me: (giggle) yup, totally totally crazy.

2 comments:

Cami said...

That is so sweet! BTW: You and Drumbeat Red are forever connected in my mind. You even had me wearing it back in the good ol' days! Hmmm....maybe I should try it again!

Louise said...

I remember the first time Chic ruined my lipstick. (Chicklet has never done it.) But the story is not NEARLY as good as this! And I didn't take a picture. I'm a idiot.